Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rumors on In-N-Out: True or False?

Couple of days ago, I got the email from one of the all-know-about friends with the following text:

“In and Out will be celebrating 60th anniversary on 22nd of October which means 2 weeks later we will be able to buy hamburgers for 25 cents, Cheeseburgers 30 cents, Fries 15 cents, and drinks are 10 cents! You lucky Americans had better not forget to mark your calendars for in and out! 60th anniversary of in-n-out will be celebrated in all the stores! So where ever you go prices will be the same! You can eat in and out burgers till you vomit! Man you guys are really lucky, do not forget to wake up early since all the in-n-out stores will be crowded, and I think you better buy extra hamburgers to store them in deep freeze! Hamburgers for 25 cents!!! Yummy yummy!!! In-n-out rocks babe!” with the reference to the blog announcement source.

I deleted the email as I usually do with spam, because I am not a big fan of Fast Food, but today hot search for in and out burger 60th anniversary on Google Hot Trends draw my attention and reminded on the secret menu announcement. To make it short, I will just say that these rumors are not true, they are definitely a hoax and the case belongs to my other blog Best Hoaxes and Pranks. The rumors were so intense online, that In-n-out burgers had to put special announcement on their Web site: You may be aware of a rumor about our menu prices being lowered for our anniversary on October 22nd. This rumor is untrue. We’ve always tried to keep our prices as low as possible in order to give our customers the greatest value. One of the ways we accomplish this is by not discounting and our anniversary is no exception. We’re sorry if this rumor has caused any confusion.

011752847

With or without this promotion, undoubtedly, In-n-our Burgers is the best chain for Fast Food Burgers with the highest quality of food. To some Fast Food chains I will never go, even while starving from hunger, to some chains (as McDonald’s) I can go only in the case nothing more available in the neighborhood, but In-n-out is a kind of place that I have no problem with, so it is like a “father-and-son getaway place” to me. What makes them different? What draws lines to their restaurants, while their closest rivals are not so busy? Why their food has a higher quality?

A brief overview:

The first restaurant opened in Baldwin Park, California back in 1948, and is still going strong with locations in California, Arizona, Nevada, and Utah.

011752848 011752849

Visitors to the area marvel at the tasty burgers and fries that the little restaurants serve, and using the simple plan of giving the customers high-quality burgers, the company has remained a huge success. Specialty items on the menu aren’t visible, but rather exist in "secret" where everyone knows them, but they just don’t appear on the in-store menu. These items include things like there 3 x 3 or 4 x 4 which means 3 or 4 patties as well as 3 or 4 slices of cheese on one burger. I have been told that their web site does explain these extras, as well as a few other tantalizing options like the Flying Dutchman, but I could not find any reference to the mentioned menu items, and their Menu page is probably under construction.

Anyway, you can indeed order the secret menu items anytime, and there is a video proof that the 100 x 100 option is available as well. If you are really hungry.




The restaurants have been going strong for almost 60 years, and the estimated revenue of the company was at $216.8 million in 2007 according to the Company profile page. It goes without saying that this is a hugely successful company, and they do it by keeping both their employees and their customers happy. In fact, rather than hiring people at minimum wage, employees in California make a starting wage of $10.00 per hour, which is far better than any of the other fast food restaurants out there. Still privately owned, and proud of it, In-N-Out is one of those places that is so strong from word-of-mouth, that anyone who is a fan of hamburgers and traveling to California has to check it out.

011752851

It is not very common that Fast Food Restaurants inspiring poets to right about. But, with In-and-Out is not the case.

Oh In-N-Out Burger, how I love you so.
You fill my belly, you make it grow.
I eat your meat; your juicy tomato,
but to your onions, I must say "no".
A single, a double, a three by three,
I can get it any way, just for me.
Sans buns, animal style,
whatever it is, it makes me smile.
I would eat it in a box, I would eat it with a fox,
I would eat it in a house, I would eat it with a mouse.
I love your food, it fills me with glee
and I even laugh when your special sauce falls on me.
That’s not an innuendo if you must know,
this poem is from the heart, it’s not for show.
But one question I ask, one question if you will
why deny many your goodness; so many the thrill?
Found only on the west, the east is uninformed,
And their loss can only be mourned.
But I celebrate your burgers, I love them indeed,
for I eat them too much, too often with speed.
But now I must go, the poem must end,
for I have burgers to buy and money to spend.



elwafflegrande

No comments: